Hugs & Stitches

Monday, April 16, 2007

I'd Better Get Moving Here!!


Well - here it is - the middle of April and I am just now finally getting to a new post for our Blog! I can't believe I didn't even get our BIRTHDAY BLOG done when our little group turned 2 years old on the first Tuesday of February. (Since we only meet on Tuesdays - we just say the first Tuesday instead of a date). I hope my regular readers can all forgive me for not getting that done in time! BUT - let me say that our little group certainly celebrated - with cake and all the trimmings! AND A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUGS & STITCHES!!

I can't believe Hugs & Stitches has been going for over 2 years now! I don't think - back when I started this group - that I ever imagined us getting this far! But I am so glad we have! I have met the most amazing and dedicated women and they faithfully come each and every week and bring bag after bag of the most beautiful hand crocheted and knitted scarves, hats, and afghans - and are perfectly willing to donate them all to charity! And there's one lady who makes pair after pair of the most adorable mittens for the little ones!! She is just a treasure! What a wonderful group of ladies I have - every single one of them!

I'm sure everyone has wondered what we have been up to for the last few months. Well - crocheting and knitting of course!! But - we also have a wonderful time, laughing, carrying on, and telling jokes and stories and sharing our lives in between stitches! I have also discovered a new pattern that I am happily working on now. I have always wanted to make a ripple afghan - but have never been happy about how long they take to make. I have always LOVED my granny square pattern - but have wanted to try something new. Well - I have found a pattern that combines BOTH!! It is a ripple afghan - but done in the same manner as a granny square - so I am just thrilled. I have about 20 rows done and it works up just so quickly I should have this finished in no time! I'm hoping once I get it done, to take a picture and get that put on the blog - so stay tuned!!

I'm sure you are all wondering how much we've gotten done so far this year!! Well - let me fill you in on the totals of all our hard work!

Since January of this year - we have made the following: 56 Afghans: 174 Scarves: 45 Hats: 62 pair Mittens. I think we are doing pretty well for it only being April. The afghans have all been delivered to their destinations and the scarves, hats and mittens are being stored until fall when they will go the "Shepherds Staff Call for Coats" project! Our goal for them is to have a total of 800 scarves and however many of the other items we can get to them - and I think we are well on our way to having that number!

I would also like to take this time to thank the wonderful people at Summerville, who let us meet in their lovely facility every week! We are so grateful to be able to meet in such a warm and comfortable setting and are eagerly awaiting the end of the cold weather so we can go back out to the wide front porch with the fabulous view of Westminster and crochet (or knit) to our heart's content! Thanks for stopping by again - we're always happy to see you! Come on by and visit us - and if we're not on the front porch - just come on in to the Tea Room!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Joan said…

    Sandi..........Great Job!!!!

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sandi,

    You and the other ladies are such an inspiration. God's speed!

    BARB

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Jemit said…

    You ladies are awesome.. you need some national recognition..
    Your work is not only prolific, but elegant too!
    And it is appreciated by so many. Keep up the good work. I long to join you, but, alas, I live waaayyy too far away.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Jthemilker said…

    I admire you for having the patience to do such work... you need to post more pictures of the lovely accomplishments.

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sandi, How I wish I was close enough to enjoy the time with you all. Great job you're doing.
    Elsie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home