Hugs & Stitches

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Can't Believe It's August!

Hi everyone and welcome back to Hugs & Stitches! We have had such a wonderfu month! I had to miss a meeting in August to celebrate my anniversary - but of course the girls understood!! But all the rest of the ladies were there and working hard as usual. Sorry it has taken me so long to get to this post too!! A little too busy this month!

This week, we had a great group! So many new scarves, hats and mittens and each more beautiful than the next. I swear I have the best group of ladies on the planet! In the last month, we have increased our totals to 425 Scarves, 170 hats, and 40 pair of mittens! WOW!!

It's funny that it can be so incredibly hot out and each week on my way to group I think - "I'm not going to sit outside in this heat!!" - and yet, each week we sit out on that beautiful front porch but it's not hot at all. Granted, it's a little warm, but even crocheting it doesn't feel too warm to be out there. For some reason, that porch gets such a nice little breeze and is cool enough to sit out there. Of course, we know fall is coming and we will soon need to move indoors, but for now we are just enjoying our evenings on the front porch. Come on by - we'd love to see you!

Until next time!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Jemit said…

    The little discomfort you MIGHT have in this weather is going to make a HUGE difference to someone this winter who will be snuggly wrapped in one of your scarves, hat, and mittens ..
    Atta girl ladies !!! Keep it up!
    Proud of you from western PA !!

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    It sounds so quaint...I would love to come with my cup of tea and join in the fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home