Hugs & Stitches

Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Final Counts Are In!!!!

Here it is - October already!! The leaves are starting to turn and the weather has become crisp and beautiful - I just love this time of year!! Nothing cozier than a chilly evening spent crocheting something warm for someone in need! At least we all have a nice warm home to crochet in - others may not be so fortunate - which is the whole purpose of this wonderful group of ladies! So it makes me totally happy to sit in my nice cozy home - or at our lovely meeting place at Summerville - and make something for someone who may not have anything else with which to keep warm!

Today - I delivered all of those lovely hand made items that we have worked so hard on for the past several months! And now - it is time now to give our final counts for all those scarves, hats and mittens, since Shepherd's Staff is having the CALL FOR COATS distribution after next week.

The totals are - SCARVES: 625 HATS: 225 MITTENS: 75 (AFGHANS: 150)

Many, many thanks to ALL of the ladies who come to our group faithfully each week and work so hard making all these lovely scarves, hats and mittens!!!! (The afghans are given to the local Women's Shelter or Project Linus.)

I hope you all enjoy reading about our Hugs & Stitches group and I hope you stop back soon - we love having you! Take care and GOD Bless!

HAPPY AUTUMN!!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jemit said…

    Hats, scarves and mittens are incredible !! But 150 afghans?? Whoa.. you are more than incredible... Awesome !!

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Jthemilker said…

    Great job! I wish I was able to endure such numbers. I've been working on the same two afgans for 3 years I think! You go girl! Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    Your work is impressive and inspiring!
    Several months ago I considered getting involved in making lap robes for hospice. I need to get going on it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home