Hugs & Stitches

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Autumn in the Air

Well - September is here and with it, cooler weather! I have to say I am a fan!! I simply cannot stand temperatures in the upper 90's - especially when trying to crochet. September has already brought cooler temperatures and I couldn't be happier! It makes me want to crochet that much more. It must be having the same effect on all the girls in the group judging by the amount of things being turned in the last 2 weeks!!

So - with that - let's get right to those counts - which are totals for the year! Our afghans now total 140, scarves are up to 505, hats 200, and mittens 45 pair. We only have 2 ladies working on mittens and they don't care for making them too much - but they both turn in a fabulous amount of hats and scarves, so we just appreciate that they even make the mittens! Thanks again to all the ladies who faithfully come to the group meetings every Tuesday and turn in such lovely work! I never imagined when I was trying to get this group started that it would amount to this much and that I would meet the best bunch of ladies in town! You're the best and I thank you all so much!

Well, another Tuesday has come and gone, and I am still glad that fall is arriving. While we did sit on that beautiful front porch this evening, I know it won't be for much longer. Although the temperature was just fine with me, some of the ladies were chilly - plus it's already getting darker by 8 o'clock and it's getting harder to see our work. So if we want to continue crocheting and knitting until 8:30 or 9 - we're going to have to move inside. That doesn't bother me though - we will be sitting in the lovely little tea room at Summerville, which, even though it doesn't have the view of the front porch, is just so cozy, nostalgic and full of charm that we all love it anyway!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you all again soon and if we're not on the porch, come on in to the tea room!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jemit said…

    IF YOU DECIDE TO STAY ON THE PORCH, YOU'LL HAVE TO START CROCHETING EACH OTHER SWEATERS TO DO SO... HEHEHEHE

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Hi Sandi,
    Good work on all of those totals!!! Your settings just sound sooo quaint...I just love it!

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I did stop by and sat on the porch. What a great bunch of women you have there Sandi. The light started to fade so we adjourned to the Tea Room.{hehehe} For a pleasant time and great conservation, everyone should stop by and say "HELLO" even if you are a beginner like myself. You will be made to feel welcome by all.
    Sandy K.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home